Cloud Service models are mainly three types. Those three types of cloud service models are SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. As a result, cloud service models help in different ways. They are basically used to send data or use application from the cloud. Data are stored in Cloud Storage. Cloud storage is redundant data server at various location. Cloud service model helps to transfer data.
We have discussed earlier algorithm of cloud computing. Today We will discuss the three model cloud computing. The three types of cloud service models are:
Cloud Service models Software as a service ( SaaS)
In this cloud service model, the cloud hosting providers offers the user to access their systems through a software. The user installs software application in their local device. instead of application sometimes they use web API to access on the cloud. Through the application, the user can store, analysis and collaborate with a cloud server.
Key features of SaaS:
- a. Software as a service (SaaS) vendors provide a consumer with software and applications via a cloud subscription model.
- b. SaaS providers manage everything. The consumer does not have to manage, install or upgrade software.
- c. Information is secure in the cloud storage. Equipment failure does not outcome in loss of data.
- d. Use of data assets can be scaled depending on cloud service needs.
- e. Applications are accessible virtually from almost any internet-connected device.
Uses of SaaS:
- SaaS is alternative of on-campus application software. In cloud many software can be used as SaaS such as:
a. customer relationship management software
b. mobile applications
c. HR management software
d. office and communication software
e. payroll and accounting programs
f. enterprise resource planning programs
g. corporate performance management suites
Advantage of SaaS:
SaaS offers an user to use the software without buying the software or any application. So it has many advantages like:
• Lower up-front cost –
- a. SaaS is generally subscription-based and has no up-front license fees
- b. Resulting in lower initial costs.
- c. The SaaS service provider manages the IT setup that is running the software, which brings down fees for hardware and software maintenance.
• Quick set up and deployment –
a. SaaS application software is already installed in the cloud.
b. Minimizes delays resulting from often lengthy normal software deployment.
• Easy upgrades –
a. The SaaS providers deal with hardware and software updates,
b. Deploying upgrades of applications and removing this workload and responsibility
• Accessibility –
a. SaaS application needs a browser and an internet connection.
b. available on a wide range of devices
c. Not like traditional software application.
• Scalability –
a. SaaS providers offer many subscription
b. options and flexibility to change subscriptions
Disadvantages of SaaS
SaaS model sometimes has certain limitation, including:
• Lack of control –
o in-house software gives organization a higher degree of control than SaaS solutions
o Control resides with a third party.
• Security and data concerns –
o access management and the privacy of sensitive information
• Limited range of applications –
• Many applications that don’t offer a hosted platform.
• Connectivity requirement –
o , if internet service fails, lose access to software or data
• Performance –
o SaaS may run at slower speeds than on-premise
Cloud Service models Platform as a service (PaaS)
Through PaaS user can design, develop, manage and deliver software. PaaS is like a platform of cloud server to manage data. User can use any tools from the storage. They can develop and customize their own application.
Features of Paas:
- PaaS delivers a platform with tools to test,
- Develop and host applications in the same setting.
- Allows establishments to focus on development without worry about the underlying setup.
- Providers manage operating systems, server software, security, and backups.
- Simplifies collaborative work even if teams work distantly.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk, Apache Stratos.
An advantage of PaaS:
- a. Enable faster time to market
- b. allowing development teams to focus on the application
- c. Enhance ability to react to changes and opportunities
- d. Spread capital investments further
- e. PaaS Innovate Faster any application to use
- f. Can reduce 60 % Cost so Focus on Resources
- g. In-house platform my not provide best technology so PaaS helps to Get the Best Technology
- h. It is the responsibility of the vendor to make updating the user
- i. The vendors have dedicated team are widely used get maximum uptime
- j. Can be scale easily
- k. Do the best project
- l. Get the best support.
The Platform as a service provides many tools to the developer to customize scalablebusiness application. As a result, the user become happy to use PaaS.
Cloud Service models Infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
This types of networking offer user to use the server as a server, storage, and network element. Organization use their own application with vendors cloud infrastructure.
Key Features of IaaS:
- a. Instead of buying hardware outright, users pay for Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) on demand.
- b. Setup is salable depending on handling and storage needs.
- c. Saves organization the costs of purchasing and continuing their own hardware.
- d. There can be no single point of failure because data is no cloud.
- e. Permits the virtualization of administrative tasks.
Advantage of IaaS
- In previous data was low and demand for cloud service model was limited. At present because of extensive data, the demand for cloud storage has increased. So infrastructure as a service is required. The common benefits of IaaS are:
- a. The cloud service model helps to be free from limitations. When data is high hardware is high.
- b. This types of cloud service model help to focus priority.
- c. The cloud service model is subscription bases system
- d. This cloud service model focus on business growth
- e. The Cloud service model IaaS saves the IT staff’s time. If any problem arises it is not the duty of IT staff to solve. Vendors will solve a problem.
In the present world this three types of cloud service model are widely use. This cloud service model helps the businessman to take a wise decision. They now choose which service they will use. People are buying comfort with money. cloud service model helps to buy comfort.