SaaS or Software as a service is one kind of business model. This article is about the SaaS business model, ideas, saas cloud service provider and examples. Software as a service is a popular terminology at the era of cloud technology. The main benefit of SaaS is to reduce cost. People are focusing more on this types of cloud service.
What is SaaS?
SaaS means software as a service. This is a business model of cloud service providers. It is a software licensing and delivery model. This software is licensed on a payment basis and centrally hosted. Sometimes it is called on-demand software. Microsoft introduced first at the name of “Software plus service”. The user gets access at this software by a browser.
Example of SasS:
SaaS has become common nowadays. Many business organization use saas services. Some common examples are:
- SaaS business applications
- Office software
- Messaging software
- Payroll processing software
- DBMS software
- Management software
- CAD software
- Development software
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Human resource management (HRM)
- Talent acquisition
- Learning management systems
- Content management (CM) and
- Service desk management.
Read More: IaaS Cloud Computing for Small Business
Who Will use SaaS:
Intelligent and frugal people love SaaS. It was a fun. However, many small and medium business come forward this types of the cloud solution. Because it is a cheap distributed application. As a result, small business use it to reduce cost. Almost all type of business model has saas software. Just it needs to customize.
Most Common SaaS Service Provider:
- Asana’s free version supports up to 15 team members
- Suitable for mom-and-pop shops
- don’t need more advanced features
- built on HTML5 so it features rich design functionality
- easy, attractive task management.
TSheets does everything as per requirement.
- giving deep customization options
- in-depth reporting
- User-friendly navigation
- an open API for third-party integrations.
- Hubstaff is essentially a compact employee monitoring tool.
- It lets you take snapshots of employees’ screens,
- monitoring web and app usage
- Track movements via the mobile app’s GPS.
Microsoft Power BI is a powerful SaaS service.
- a free tool that lets you drag, drop, analyze and customize data, up to 1 GB.
- upgrade for just $10 per month to increase your data tenfold.
- Give you access to custom content packs and the capacity to interact with other Microsoft Office 365 at Microsoft users.
5. MailChimp Email Marketing
MailChimp is the most common and capable email marketing service irrespective of your price level.
- It offers a rich, free plan
- tons of third-party integration
- It’s got many email templates which help to fire off emails at a rapid clip.
Some Other Most common Software as service providers are:
- Citrix Grasshopper
- ClickMeeting Video Conferencing
- Campaigner Email Marketing
- Shopify E-Commerce
- Sprout Social
- Zoho Survey
- Microsoft Teams
- Zenefits Z2
- Spiceworks Network Monitor
- Webroot SecureAnywhere AntiVirus
- Bitdefender Antivirus Plus
- Agiloft Contract Management
- Intuit QuickBooks Online Plus
- Xpenditure Small Business
- Ascensio System OnlyOffice
- Carbonite Server Backup.
- NutShell CRM
- SiteGround Web Hosting
- DreamHost Web Hosting
- Tarkenton GoSmallBiz
- Rosetta Stone Catalyst
- Articulate Storyline 2
- TechSmith Camtasia Studio 8
- Campaign Monitor GetFeedback
- Vivantio Pro
- Expert Software Applications Mindomo
- Zoho Creator
- Abbyy FineScanner
You will Like: Mobile Cloud Computing is the Next Step of Enterprise Cloud
Benefits of using SaaS:
Software as a service is the perfect and standard solution. It eliminates the hassle to install the software application. There is no tension to maintain of bug fixing of software. Because the cloud service provider manages applications, servers, storage, runtime, data, middleware, OSs, virtualization, and networking. Popular software as a service provider offers customer relationship management, email, and collaboration, healthcare-related applications etc. It has internet based security.
In Software as a service all the required service of software are readymade available. No need to invest more in hardware and software. Licensing fee is too low that any small business can afford. This is rental service and cost is as per you go.
Easy integration and functionality:
In software as a service you do not need the software engineer to operate it. Anyone can customize from the front view. The reports are customizable. The business leaders can take decision easily by seeing it.
Easy to use:
The software as a service is easy to use. The service provider also provides tutorials. So any employee of your organization can use it. And the database is highly secured.
Some SaaS tools for your businesses
To operate a business it is required some analytical tools. These tools make your job easy. Software as a service offers such kinds of tools. In fact, the corporate leader will be speechless by seeing the customize report. These SaaS tools help you to take decision easily. Some available tools are:
- Research and development (R&D)
- Sales and marketing
Research and development
R&D is the “Think Tank” of business. Business leaders focus more on research and development. To implement the big data concept R&D is the must. Effective teamwork is the key to making commercially fruitful concepts today. We know the cliché “Think outside the box” now it turns to “Think outside the office.”
Slack: One kind of chat app. It collaborates with all user and shares previous knowledge.
Real-time Board: It will boost online partnership with loads of built-in extras, like icons Google Drive integration and templates.
File sharing: Multiple users share their files. Google, Microsoft, and Apple all have this kind of file sharing facilities.
Also, you may like: Cloud Security Algorithm Used in Cloud Computing
Workplace by Facebook: The social magic facebook collaborates, coordinate with all user and integrate with Dropbox.
The production module is the main module to reduce cost. Production module has inventory tools, work in process and other cost factors. If production cost can control the cost of goods sold will be reduced.
Sales and marketing
The sales and marketing module includes customer relationship management and supply chain management. This module calculates receivable, cash flow and many another issue. Sales and marketing enable the business leaders to take the decision and forecast the demand.
The operational module includes human resource management, payroll, and other operational software. The human resource management software manages the particulars of employee, salary, promotion etc. Payroll management manages wages, bonus, salary and all other payment-related functions.
In the year SaaS becomes so popular. Since then, SaaS become cost-effective. It has the facilities of pay as you go and easy interface. Any business of small resource can continue with the help of SaaS.